Old October 20th 03, 01:16 AM
Scott Ferrin

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:56:42 GMT, "Thomas Schoene"
wrote:

"Alan Minyard" wrote in message

How in the world is a B-1B going to set *any* speed records?

Not absolute records. It already has a bunch in its weight class for speed
over particular courses, speed with certain payloads, etc. I expect the
plan to improve on those and add some more.

The B-1's current records are listed here, along with records by other
aircraft in the same general categories. I imagine they'll be trying to
take some away from the Tu-160.

http://www.b1b.wpafb.af.mil/pages/pdf/b1_records.pdf

I wish they'd get the fire to break more records these days like they
did back in the fifties and sixties. Hell some of the "records" out
there are ones that any line aircraft could break easily if not
actually performing *beyond* them regularly.