Old March 13th 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Stephen Harding[_2_]

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

Ray O'Hara wrote:

What success in Iraq,? the coming civil war?
and I don't think Obama wants any of the Iraq stink on his resume.
you strike me as the type who approves of the Iraq adventure because it
makes you feel tough.
and if Bsh hadn't blown the budget there we'd have the money to fix or
infrastruture but everybody health insurance and buy a few F-22s

Hardly. I think CBO but perhaps someone else, just reported
on ballooning Federal deficits. They've essentially been
institutionalized and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't
the real contributors to it, although expenses for them have
certainly been costly.

It's entitlements. They're unsustainable as currently defined.
Social security, Medicare and Medicaid especially.

Furthermore, costs for wars eventually become 0. Social
entitlements just get bigger and bigger in costs with no political
leader willing to do something to reign them in. Giving more
for free is how you get elected and stay in office.

We're all to blame: the free givers and the takers.

Health care "reform" is going to be worth several wars of costs
in the long run!

SMH