Old March 15th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

On Mar 15, 10:09 am, "
wrote:
One thing that never gets mentioned when "the cost of war" is
discussed is that a lot of that money gets pumped into the economy -
soldiers pay, buying weapons, etc. Lots of jobs, too - imagine the
recent recession without all the defense spending!

I seem to recall that the real solution to the Great Depression was
WW2, not FDR's social engineering.

It does irritate me that as a country we are not willing to impose a
war tax on everbody in the US to pay for our adventures - thank you
gutless politicians.
Kirk

IMO, (from what I've studied and experienced) the US was by far the
greatest nation in 1960, most other countries were then recovering
from WW2, and the US had lot's of dough from selling armaments,
to the belligrents, also the US was an oil exporter.
Made the best TV's, cars and everything else.
That was 50 years ago, 1/2 century.

Today, I feel the US GNP is measured by how many donuts and
burgers it stuffs in it's citizens, that gets entered into the GNP
figures, usually as a service industry.
If my wife sells you a cake, and your wife sells me a pie that gets
into the GNP bottom line, in Canuckistan the govmonks take 50%
of the pie and cake for munchies, overall taxation being about 1/2,
when it's all figured in.

LOL, if the US taxed fast food they'd be runnning a surplus in 20
minutes, and reduce the big fat obese pigs, that drive up medical
care bills. Downside is Oprah would be unemployed, oh darn.

To the point, what is the best way to employ ambitious men who
want to have a family that are age 20-30?
It might be appropriate to REDUCE the retirement age,
because our society production has become so efficient, maybe
employ more people in science and research, but there's not very
many people who can do that.

Pharoh's had the idea of employing people to build pyramids,
kind of like 'mission to the moon, mars and beyond'.

I think dumping money into ghetto's pays for dope, discipline
first.
Ken