Old March 16th 13, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default XCSoar With LNAV?

Hi Morgan,

By "L-NAV" do you mean an L-NAV and GPS-NAV combination? The L-NAV does not
send any data out to soaring flight software. It can send data to a
GPS-NAV. The GPS-NAV then sends the vario and GPS data out to the soaring
flight software.

I have the L-NAV and GPS-NAV dataport specification if you need it.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
__________________________

"Morgan" wrote in message

I have XCSoar running on a Dell Streak 5 and wanted to look into connecting
to the L-Nav in my glider. I have an IOIO board, but I believe the real
problem is that the L-Nav doesn't use the same protocol as the 302. XCSoar
essentially doesn't have the right driver for the L-Nav and so far none of
the developers have a need to configure a driver for the L-Nav or the
hardware to actually do it.

I suspect there are many potential users of that configuration, but it will
take a user with the drive and the skillset to augment the XCSoar code with
the necessary pieces to support the L-Nav.

Hans has some useful info on his website about connecting GPS data to an
L-Nav.

https://sites.google.com/site/threeuniform/lnav

Morgan

On Monday, March 11, 2013 8:04:08 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I just had a quick look behind one's panel but it doesn't look like
there's

any place to plug in the serial to Bluetooth device without unplugging

something else. Maybe the GPS control head...

"

On Monday, March 11, 2013 12:51:59 AM UTC+1, Dan Marotta wrote:

Can their Androids be interfaced to the LNAV via K6-BT or IOIO?

I have never used any of these products, but usually K6Bt and IOIO works

just like a cable would.