Old July 15th 03, 11:44 PM
Steve House

Harris Ranch has the best steaks I've ever tasted - 100% organic beef, local
veggies for side dishes, the whole deal. A "must stop" on my many drives on
the interstate between LA and San Francisco during the 70's and 80's. I'm
pretty sure they're still there. They have/had an airstrip right next to the
restaurant.

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
I'm looking to gain information about preferred routes, interesting/cheap
refueling stops or siteseeing opportunities, or any other pertinent
information (weather/notams/etc.) for my round-trip flight at the end of
this month (July 2003) from the Los Angeles area to Chico (northern
California). I'll be staying in Chico about 4-5 days.

Looking at the WAC, it looks like it could be a pretty monotonous flight
(e.g., lost in the gigantic central valley). The only stop I'm currently
thinking of is at Columbia (O22) because I've heard it's a cute spot to
stretch one's legs (in the old mining town nearby).

Again, any other ideas or suggestions for this flight (and the return
several days later) will be appreciated!

-- Marty