Old July 29th 03, 05:16 AM
Robert M. Gary

No instrument rating is required to log actual. In fact, there are
times when you can log actual in VMC (dark moonless night over water
is the FAA example).
Of course, you cannot, cannot serve as PIC in IMC or anytime while on
an IFR clearance but I assume your CFII took care of that.

"Marty Ross" wrote in message et...
I recently realized that I should not have included any "actual" (IMC) time
recorded in my logbook as PIC time while I was an instrument student.

Any suggestions for correcting this error? Rather than making messy
corrections and recalculating page totals, how about adding a "corrective"
(new) entry?

More generally, are there any accepted conventions for retroactively
correcting logbook errors?