Old July 7th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Aeronca 11AC Chief Project FS

Victor Bravo wrote:
On Jun 25, 7:01 am, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:

So either you were dealing with a broken 601XL or as I said before you are full
of crap.

Sorry to ruin your day, I'm not full or crap this time. The aircraft
was inspected by myself and two other people from our EAA chapter. I
did not measure the movement, and I rough guessed three inches total
movement, which would be 1.5 each way. I could be wrong and it may
have only been 1 inch... but it was more than a half inch I assure
you. Now Gig, why do you think that anyone who says they found XYZ on
another airplane is automatically full of crap because it's not that
way on your airplane?

Well my plane is being built according to the plans. And you can rest
assured there that the Horz Stab can't be moved 3 inches without bending
the attach points past the point where they have been damaged.