Old July 11th 03, 08:26 PM
Steve Dold

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Ron Wanttaja wrote:

When I got about fifteen miles out, I turned on the ANR. The volume level
jumped nicely...but the volume of the static jumped at the same time, and
just about totally swamped the signal. I was in a situation where I had a
clearer signal with ANR off.

That is weird. It sounds like something might have gone into
compression. Did you
try turning down the volume to see if the noise went down while the voice
audio stayed the same? Try that next time.

Say NO to useless over-quoting! Just quote a few lines to get the
point across, not the whole goddamn thing, OK? Thanks! :-)