Old February 1st 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Default Annual

We landed at Midland about 2PM... Noticed Steve's Part 135 Aztec was
sitting outside in the cold unusual... Entered the hangar through
the side door as usual, and immediately almost went blind in the murk
and was gasping for air.. Steve and his helper were spray painting
his Skyhawk with acrylic enamel... The two of them stood there in face
masks (ineffectual facemasks) saying something like, "I thought you
locked that door.", to each other....
We went to the office - the fumes there were excessive also but not
like in the hangar... Dave, a friend, who was with me raised his
eyebrows... Recent university graduate with a degree in hydrogeology,
hazmat certification, spent last summer hip deep on the Gulf of Mexico
sampling the muck for heavy metals caused by land run off, etc..
Anyway, Steve came in, took his mask off and there were streaks of
paint around his nostrils... I about had to sit on Dave...

I hope Steve finishes Fat Albert's annual before he croaks!

denny