Old July 23rd 03, 10:54 AM
Big G

(Marc Reeve) wrote in news:1fyin86.1brigrr3cte24N%
:

Hmmh, come again Marc? about the 'Col Stapp' and face-distorted glory..'
whats that mean? I met and chatted with an SR71 driver once for about an
hour at Mildenhall, England. His face was disfigured from some kind of
burns incident, would that be the face-distortion you're talking about?
This guy knew his Blackbird very well indeed.

Nicodemus Telrenner wrote:

I like that. Didnt know you guys referred to them as Sleds though.

And
particular connotation?

I always presumed as in the "Rocket Sled" that Col. Stapp rode to fame
and face-distorted glory...

-Marc

--
Smiling