Old March 5th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roy Smith

Default ILS sans identification

In article ,
ArtP wrote:

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:59:55 -0500, Roy Smith wrote:

The GNS-480 decodes it for you and displays the letter
code. I can't see any possible failure mode where the display would be
wrong but I would be able to correct it by listening myself.

Does it actually decode it or just display to info from its database.

It actually decodes it, and it has to decode it twice in a row the same way
before it display it. On a really weak signal, you can sometimes see it
get one of the letters wrong, then shortly after that, correct it.