Old August 26th 10, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Full Size Duster BJ-1B Sailplane Plans For Sale

On Aug 26, 12:09*pm, Blake Miller wrote:
On Aug 26, 10:45*am, Tony wrote:

On Aug 26, 10:25*am, Blake Miller wrote:

I am building a Duster Sailplane in my garage here in Eden Prairie, MN
USA. I am attempting to revive interest building and flying the Duster
sailplane. I have been working with Ben Jansson, the original designer
of the Duster and I now have the ability to provide full size, high
quality, scale construction drawings for the Duster. These Duster
plans are the most recent version and will be shipped in a high
quality storage tube. Also included will be bound copies of all 10
years of the Dustrag newsletter that describes many best practices in
building a Duster. I will also include a bound copy of the (DSK)
Duster Sailplane Kit construction guide and a set of pictures of the
original Duster being built by Ben Jansson and Hank Thor. Please see
websitehttp://buildaduster.info/Costis$295.00 plus shipping.
Contact and order information is athttp://buildaduster.info/

Blake - Very cool! *One of our local pilots has a really sweet Duster,
N148KD, and did his Silver Badge in it this season. *He's had it out
flying quite a bit of cross country this season, his flights are on
the OLC, under Kansas Soaring Association. Another local just picked
up a project Duster and is working on getting it back in the air.
Seems like a really nice glider to me, with decent legs for XC
flying.

One nit to pick, there were at least 100 Cherokee II's built from
plans. *Not sure how many BG-12's were built. *Perhaps with a renewed
interest the Duster could become the most numerous homebuilt
sailplane

Tony,

Thanks for the heads up on those numbers. I will modify the website to
correct those numbers right away. You own a Cherokee don't you? I
think I met you with Matt M. at Faribault?

Please pass the word the the Duster plans. When I get mine built in a
year or two, lets go soaring. Are you in KS now?

Best regards,

Blake- Hide quoted text -

Yep I was with Matt when you got the Lark. Strangely enough both that
Lark and I are now in Wichita. I've got a couple Cherokee II's now
and have had some really good flights this season.