Old September 5th 10, 08:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ferstlesque

Default Full Size Duster BJ-1B Sailplane Plans For Sale

On Aug 29, 1:27*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:14*pm, Ferstlesque wrote:

Very interesting, looks like it has been a while since something like
this was offered. Aside from the woodworking, what other skills are
needed? Are there many welds etc required to make parts that I assume
were originally offered as part of the kit? Last, are the cockpit
dimensions such that a 6' tall person could be comfortable?

This could make a great "slow build" project over several years.
Thanks for offering the plans again.

Mark

There is some welding, try and find a DSK kit or do all the cutting
and fitting, then take it to your local TIG/ MIG welder. A 6 footer
fits just fine. I'm 6 foot, well I was before I lost an inch to Martin
Baker and another inch to old age! I built mine in 18 months worth of
evenings.
JJ

Thanks for the info, I just read the June '77 Soaring article
recounting your Diamond in type (The SSA has done a great job with
their archives). Pretty amazing! Are you still active in the sport
locally? I'm just down the road in Lincoln. Blake, I may pull the
trigger on this within a few weeks. Even if I put another project
ahead of this one, the initial investment isn't much more than the
cost of a few tows...

Mark