Old July 7th 04, 03:10 PM
Nathan Gilliatt

In article c.ca,
Brian Burger wrote:

So, what First Aid training do people have?

CPR a few years back, first aid associated with my lifeguard training a
*long* time ago.

I've been considering taking the Red Cross First Responder class. It's
more involved than their 1- or 2-day first aid/CPR classes, and it
includes all of the CPR/AED segments.

I did some looking for Wilderness Medicine classes for my Dad a while
back and found these links:

National Safety Council
http://www.nsc.org/trainemerg/coursepages/wildfa.cfm

Wilderness Safety Council
http://www.wfa.net/

Wilderness Medical Society
http://www.wms.org/
http://www.wemjournal.org/

On a related note, Flying magazine had an "I learned about flying from
that" piece by a former Coast Guard crewman discussing the importance of
flares, mirrors, etc. when you hope to be found at sea. Some good points
for being rescued wherever you land. I'm not sure which issue it was in,
but it was recent.

- Nathan