Old May 6th 05, 03:15 PM
W P Dixon

Interesting dilemma!
Some say nothing is happening to the earth, some say the earth is doomed
if we keep it up. Myself I do see a ton of political rhetoric on both sides
and nothing else. But one thing I have noticed the "sky is falling" group
gets in there cars and drive all over the place polluting the air and using
valuable resources, then they get in their airplanes and do the same thing.
And of course lets cut down an entire forest every year so we can make paper
to print up flyers and junk mail saying "the earth is being destroyed".
After we take care of all our biz we can go back to our homes which use
energy, and let's not forget all the energy for the products in the home.
Let's not forget the poisons we spray to keep little ants and things
from invading our homes and our crops. Everything we use that is produced by
man makes pollution in one form or another. And we all could be alittle
kinder to dear mother earth, she is the only one we have. But let's not be
hypocrites about it. To say "the sky is falling" while you still drive your
car , plane , even use toilet paper to wipe your butt with ( think how many
trees are cut down for that every year! WOW! And that's just for my
bathroom! ) is not really sincere in your beliefs.
I think people on the opposite end of the "sky is falling" spectrum
would listen to someone alittle more if that person did not use all these
man made things, lived in a simple cabin in the woods with no electricity
etc., and wiped his butt with a fallen leaf or some such. As the old saying
goes," Practice what you preach."

IMHO,
Patrick
student SPL