Old March 5th 05, 05:26 PM
Colin W Kingsbury

I know it's not the point, but I'd take these people much more seriously if
they *didn't* have a website full of beautiful renderings of the finished
craft. Assuming such a craft is ever possible (given the V-22 experience I
wonder) I suspect the devil lies in the systems integration details.
Parachutes and airbags in case of engine failure? Has he even thought of
what useful load is going to look like when it's all done? Sure, it might
fly, but who wants a machine with the fuel burn of an old Lear (at low
altitude), the maintenance costs of a big Sikorsky, and the payload of a
172? Well, I hear Moller has a signed purchase agreement with Michael
Jackson. 'nuff said.

Pretty pictures are the easiest part. It's like a wannabe-novelist who
starts by composing a grandiose title with no idea of characters or plot.
Though I must admit I was surprised there were no leggy models immediately
apparent here, especially given that it's Italian. Disappointed, even.

-cwk.

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
news
The future of personal flight?