Old February 19th 04, 09:02 PM
Tarver Engineering

"B2431" wrote in message
From: "Gord Beaman"

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

Our F-106s flew to Santa Barbara, air refueled, flew to 55,000 feet and

then
headed for the Bearing Straight to meet their Soviet counterparts. Nose
down from 55,000 feet can make a lot of speed.

Christ John!...it's Bering Strait...you sound so careless, aren't
you concerned with what people think of you?

I am a lazy engineer that does not care about spelling. That much effort is
someting I associate with work, not recreation.

Just don't ask him why the California Guard sixes he was working on were
intercepting Soviet aircraft in Alaskan airpsace when there were aircraft

in
Alaska just for that purpose.

I believe it was we that were being intercepted.

Every now and then the pair of F-106s flight were not decoys and the big
glass eye would drop down and take their picture. All very funny, from a
LeMay perspective.