Old May 24th 14, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dell Streak - what ROM version?

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 2:42:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I've had xcsoar on my Dell streak running Android 2.3.3 "Olleh" ROM for some time now and it's worked well.

However, some sort of update was applied recently via Google Play and now the Streak is very unstable - it turns itself off randomly now. I've uninstalled all updates but the problem persists. So, before I download and re-flash the ROM I thought I'd see what versions others are running and find out how stable it is.

I suppose my Streak could just be going south on me but not sure. Anyway, please post back with what versions you're running and how stable it is. Also, let me know if you use the Streak internal GPS or if you're connecting to an external GPS as the problem seems to worsen when I have GPS enabled. Thanks.

Robert

Well, I finally got around to upgrading the ROM to CM7 as Dan suggested - thanks Dan. No joy. The ROM itself runs great and has many very nice features that vastly improve the Olleh ROM. But, alas, as soon as I enable the internal GPS it starts rebooting as before. I'm forced to conclude that there is a HW problem with my GPS circuitry. Bummer.

Robert