Old October 18th 04, 01:07 PM
Jay Honeck

The TSA stuff. Non US-citizens having to be photographed,
fingerprinted, forms filled in, $130 paid, records kept, all by each
instructor you go to for a BFR (probably) or checkout (maybe).
The instructor has had to go through mandatory "security
awareness" training in order to do all this

Interesting.

I'd be willing to bet that none of the instructors here in Iowa City know
anything about any of that stuff -- and there are a fair number of foreign
pilots training here, thanks to the University of Iowa.

Or, at least, I've never heard any of them talk about -- and you would think
it would be a major topic of discussion.

I'll have to check with them when I next see them.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA