Old March 26th 05, 05:57 AM
Mike the Strike

Glen Kelley wrote:
Would anyone with experience flying with both of these varios please

provide
comments on their views of the two devices? Audio, ease of

adjustment,
accuracy, etc?

An additional point - if you're going to fly anywhere hot, make sure
your instruments are properly temperature rated. I chose Borgelt
instruments (tested under Australian conditions) after a German flight
computer I owned died in the Arizona heat. Cockpit temperatures can
exceed 50 C when the glider's sitting in the sun prior to takeoff.

We have a number of LX instrument users and they do seem to survive
here too, though.

If you're flying somewhere cold and wet (Britain or Holland, for
example), any European gear will work just fine.

The B 50 is a fine vario and I prefer the analog dial, but polar
adjustment is internal, as noted by others.

Mike

ASW 20 WA