Old March 16th 05, 12:24 AM
Rip

I think that the start of this thread stated that there was a
requirement to log IFR certified GPS database updates. The logging
requirement is met by the fact that the software displays the latest
update cycle when the unit is booted. No PAPER work is required.

Ron Natalie wrote:
Jimmy B. wrote:

Now, before everyone flames me and tells me I'm an idiot, these are
not my opinions, they are the opinions of the Safety Inspectors at
Washington - Dulles FSDO.

What do you mean by "safety inspectors." If you're talking about our
Aviation safety counselors, they are idiots. Do not believe anything
they say is correct or has any regulatory signfiicance with the FAA.

Manuals:
You must have current service manuals to do any (including
preventative) maintenance on your bird.

Bull****. You need those appropriate to what you are doing.

Parts:
You must buy the parts from an aviation source.

You must buy parts that meet the regulatory requirements. I'm not even
sure what an aviation source is supposed to mean. However, the point
about aviation parts vs. equivelent looking non-avaition parts is well
taken.