Old August 2nd 03, 01:21 AM
Mary Shafer

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:59:56 -0500, "Duke of URL"
MacBenahatKDSIdotnet wrote:

"Dott. PIergiorgio" wrote in message

transputer wrote:

CHICAGO (Reuters) - High-tech jobs may be moving overseas but one
low-tech job Americans could always fall back on was flipping
burgers at McDonald's.

Ok I get this. And where is the Naval context ?

You've obviously never eaten onboard a USN ship - the favorite food is
"sliders".

On our first cruise (Maasdam, Holland-America Line), we were at the
midnight caviar sampling and I made a remark about "midrats". The
ex-Navy guy sitting next to me almost choked on his blini.

It turned out we had three blue-water dudes at the table; we continued
to meet at midnight and we heard a lot of stories about shipboard
food. There are cruises and then there are cruises.

Mary