Old June 13th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_5_]

Default Proud owner pictures

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Jay "The Tron Guy" Maynard is famous. He has even been parodied on South
Park. Right up there with Barbra Streisand and Tom Cruise.

Ok, I guess I"m showing my youth here but I feel there is a backstory
here that I'm not aware of.

The episode aired during the screenwriter's strike. Somebody sliced
episode together with the original internet references:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9FR_-VURBuE

The unspliced clip is he
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8hshobA57rw

The ELwire in the Tron costume is great stuff. I've some artwork with
it, wrapped a mountain bike frame for Burning Man, etc. It has infinite
play value for adults but unfortunately you couldn't make, say, kids
toys out of it because it'll shock the bejesus out of you if you touch
the exposed wire.