Old December 22nd 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default The NW overflight, what REALLY happened

On 22 Dec 2009 17:38:20 -0000, Tsu Dho Nym wrote:

Mark wrote:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:05:27 +0800, Mike Ash wrote:

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

A nice story, but these pilots still need to find a new line of
work. If any one of a great many possible factors had been
different, those pilots and everyone on board their aircraft would
be dead. Sorry, but they don't deserve any slack at all. It's time
for a change of career--something in which flipping to the wrong
frequency or chatting over laptops for an hour won't put lives at
risk.

Please elaborate. Offhand, I can't think of any change which would
have killed people here. Resulted in an emergency landing somewhere
other than their intended destination, perhaps, but no deaths.
According to this story, the pilots were awake and aware, and would
have eventually started wondering where they were and why ATC hadn't
talked to them yet. They would have been able to quickly figure out
their actual location, and start talking to the appropriate people
once they did. They would have then been directed to an airport in
that area that could handle their plane. A worse outcome, certainly,
but I don't see any risk to life here.

Mike, you're responding to the Mx-Bloss troll,
it makes you look like an ass. Stop.

Nice try, forger.

Trying to get Mark into a spin?

**** off.

Nothing here for me either.
Further posts bearing my name are Jeffrey Bloss forgeries.
He's also Gieselle.
And a loser for life.
==
Mark