Old May 18th 12, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colin Mead

Default Trailer Tongue Gas Strut replacement

I have the last Std. Cirrius made by Jastreb/VTC. It came in an Eberle
tariler however the tougue is not Eberle. I need to replace the gas strut.
The gas strut is a stering damper type and looks like the gas srtut they
put on cars to open rear doors and lift front hoods. It is not the auto
suspension shock type. I cannot find a gas strut with the right size. I am
not sure what force I should get either. The rod end has threads that are
M8 1.0. Anyone have experience with this.

Colin Mead
C5
Cirrus #277