Old November 4th 19, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan Foster

Default Gliding risk....

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 6:49:22 PM UTC-6, wrote:
For those who haven’t seen it....

https://chessintheair.com/the-risk-o...-what-we-love/

I think the reactions to this article is super interesting. I posted this to my local hang gliding/paragliding club and the reactions were super similar to what has been posted here.

If we read this and take exception with which sport is riskier, I feel we are missing the point. My guess is most of us participate in several of these "risky" activities. The real question we should be asking is, "HOW CAN I BE SAFER AND MAKE BETTER DECISIONS?".