Old July 11th 03, 08:54 PM
journeyman

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 18:38:35 GMT, Ron Rapp
wrote:

I'm not a big fan of logshare, in that the data does not reside on
my machine,
and the data can be accessed by hackers.

The data can be downloaded by you in CSV format at any time, so you'll
have a copy on your own computer.

[Jumping into the thread late]

That doesn't address the second issue.

Besides, once you have the raw data in a parseable text format (like,
say, Comma-Separated Values), what do you need some third-party software
for? Throw it into your favorite spreadsheet or write a Perl script.
It's a good introductory programming exercise.

I've kept my paper logbook for the legal record, but I've typed the
data into Lisp-style lists. Then, I can do queries on stuff that
isn't built in: "how much night solo time do I have?", "How many
landings have I done at a particular airport?" etc.

Morris