Old May 12th 18, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Roof Rack for bikes on a cobra clamshell top?

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 1:43:35 PM UTC-8, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I have searched discussions on bike racks and trailers. I tend not to like the trailer hitch extension solution as stability is compromised, as well as access to the car or trailer hatches. Has anyone installed a traditional roof rack on top of a fiberglass Cobra trailer? Looking to support one E-Bike up there.

Thanks for any experience or suggestions.

Matt

You can get a dual receiver extension (https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Recei.../dp/B000P6CJ9O) that would permit the use of a receiver mounted bike rack. Years ago, I got a bike rack that clamped around a receiver extension tube, but can't find it now.

I would not put a bike rack on top of your glider trailer. The trailer was never designed to take this load, and repeated pounded by the bikes and rack on top of the trailer could damage it.

Tom