Old September 30th 04, 08:02 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , David Cartwright wrote:
approaches and landings, not broken flaps, hydraulic failures, etc). And a
friend who's a commercial pilot reckons that even a PPL with a decent amount
of experience stands a reasonable chance of landing something like a 737 so

I can say first hand that's possible. I did the ATOP course when United
were running it in Denver (12 hrs of groundschool, and 1 hr flight time
in their Level D sim). The B737 just wasn't hard to land, nor was it
difficult to hand-fly an instrument approach.

I would say I've got good confidence that most PPLs who've flown a high
performance single could pull it off given instructions on what to push
over the radio.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net