Old September 23rd 04, 05:00 AM
Leslie Swartz

Correct.

Leadfoot, however, appears to have a reading comprehension problem.

The USN IG was very careful to specifically NOT endorse kerry's medals NOR
indict the process in place.

The only way to do that, and not lie to the public, was to say that an
investigation was not warranted (because the administrative side [minor
correction] of hte procedures in place at the time were follwoed."

The IG specifically did NOT comment on either the process or the specific
people and circumstances that led to the approval of the medals.

Pretty much not the same thing as saying "kerry deserved his medals" or
"kerry was exonerated" or anything of the sort.

Steve Swartz

"Steve Hix" wrote in message
In article ,
"Leslie Swartz" wrote:

Hey Leadfoot:

Remove the "spin," and what the USN IG said was

NOT

"an investigation has determined that kerry earned his medals"

BUT INSTEAD

"their appears to be insufficient reason for an investigation"

Bi-i-i-i-i-i-ig difference, homes.

It looked to me to be more on the order of "the process in place at the
time seems to have been followed...that's all we're saying".