Old December 16th 04, 11:20 PM
Terry

Here's the article.... approx 2500 foot landing!

http://www.southbendtribune.com/stor...er__933_is.sto

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
news
I just saw a clip on the local news about a single-engine turboprop
that landed on a Highway 933 in Roselawn yesterday after having
engine problems. It looks like it might be a PC-12. It's N922RG.

It was going from South Bend Regional, IN to White Plains, NY with
five people on board. They were about 7 miles SE of South Bend when
the engine problem occurred.

It had a one-mile landing roll and clipped a utility pole, knocking
out power for about 600 people.

It looks like an emergency exit panel (on the right side, over the
wing) was removed. I wonder why. It appears that the fuselage was
in good shape otherwise.

I have a recording of the news report. Tell me if you have an
interest in it. I was impressed that there were no glaring errors.

I think about how nice it would be to have a single-engine turboprop
but incidents like this make me feel warm and fuzzy sitting between
two engines. (I realize there's much more to it though.)

--kyler