Old September 8th 05, 03:00 PM
Jay Honeck

you might ask that people also include a note telling how the prop got
that way. could be interesting.

Absolutely! Every interesting piece on display at the hotel is explained,
attributed or labeled.

Our smashed wooden Stearman prop (in, of course, the Stearman Suite) is a
perfect example. A well-known local pilot bought into the old bird, and --
on the very first day he owned it -- was practice taxiing up and down the
runways.

He tapped the brakes, one of them locked, and -- not knowing any better --
he just held on for dear life. (Now, with more experience, he says he
should have just punched the throttle to get the tail back down...) As he
hung in the straps, watching his prop beating itself into the asphalt, I'm
sure he never dreamed that he would one day be immeasurably enhancing an
aviation theme suite!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck