Old May 14th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron A.[_3_]

Default Jeppesen skybound

I guess I mispoke. When I update the gps on the KLN90B, it is a serial port
connection to internal memory on the unit. It does not use a removable card
and the serial# has to be given before the download. I assume it prevents
using their GPSLOADER software download on an other unit with internal
memory.

I haven't used cards on a King unit. I have copied Jepp cards for the
Garmins and they do work as a proof of concept.

"Peter Clark" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 May 2008 02:02:51 GMT, "Ron A." wrote:

King ties the Jepp update to the gps unit serial# on at least the older
units during the actual download so it won't function even if copied.

King ties the Jepp update to the card serial# - you can move a card
from box to box all day long, but you can't install the update on
multiple cards.