Old January 24th 04, 06:44 PM
BUFDRVR

We have F-15's here at Kadena and it is not uncommon
for them to come back well above 400 Kts below 10,000.

Besides the fact flying 250 KIAS in an Eagle would severly restrict
maneuverability, in foriegn nations, US military comply with host nation rules
and restrictions. My guess is, Japan has no restriction. I know the UK doesn't.
Try flying 250 KIAS below 10,000' when you're #2 of a returning B-52 6-ship.
You are going to land last. The Brize controller will vector your sorry
rear-end out of the way while he gets everyone else on the ground in no time
flat. I watched this happen, I was #5, flying 280 KIAS until I was on base,
then I worked my tail off slowing and configuring, finally getting in landing
configuration well inside the final approach fix.To this day I'm not sure I
made my gear down call. Fortunately for me, I had been to Fairford years
earlier and was used to such "expediant" procedures when large formations
returned in close proximity to each other.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"