Old September 2nd 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_1_]

Default Crappy Gliders Rejoice!

Tony wrote:
Its not that its a problem, its a great motivator to get people to go
cross country. Just bothers me that I am considered guilty of cheating
until proven innocent.

Pilots claims can be in error for reasons besides cheating, and this was
particularly true before GPS loggers were used. For example: going to
the wrong turnpoint(s); miscalculating the height gain (easy to do with
a Replogle and similar barograph); not determining the allowed
start/finish height loss correctly; and even landing too late.

Its not stopping me from going ahead for it in any way.

Good! I got my Badges through Diamond in a Ka-6e with a camera and
barograph, and loved every minute of it. The challenges were great fun,
and pushed me to learn more about soaring.

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

www.motorglider.org - Download "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane
Operation"