Old April 5th 20, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Default Seminole Lake Glider Port.

Hi Tom. It takes a couple of miles and we limit the tow height to 2500ft. The truck drives anywhere from around 50-65mph depending on the wind. When doing these launches, you don't want the glider to go too fast, about 10 to 15mph over stall is best. The tension on the line is controlled by the guy in the back. There is a disc brake on the drum and we have a screw adjustment on the master cylinder and a pressure gauge. The retrieve motor is a 6hp Honda that has a centrifical clutch. The engine is at idle during the climb, and then the guy in the back revs up the motor when the glider releases. Here is a launch from the truck end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWPbB2hxPKo&t=66s

There are several more videos of launches on this page. You have to dig around a little.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WAVEGUR...rt=p&flow=grid

Boggs