Old April 12th 05, 10:34 PM
Michael Nouak

"Don Hammer" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

I can see now how they'd be going into Long Beach as you
describe. From my house you'd have to jog north to line up
on 25. I hadn't realized that Long Beach was actually a bit
north of me in latitude. I thought it was further south
hence my presumption that they were turning north to LAX.

Brian

LGB it is. I go there all the time and they are doing a visual
circling approach. Pretty wild from the back. So much so the capt
warns everyone before hand.

Not to doubt your experience, but why would the captain "warn everyone
beforehand" of a visual approach? In my short career as as professional
pilot I've flown visuals into Thessaloniki, Hamburg and Tripoli and we
certainly didn't think it necessary to "warn" anyone.

Mike