Old August 29th 03, 02:57 PM
Nathan Young

(Stephen Conley) wrote in message . com...
I have the most baffling problem in the history of aviation. In
January, the engine in my Mooney 231 was overhauled by a reputable
shop. Since then, I can not fly at high altitudes (above 15K) without
consuming mass quantities of oil. It appears the oil is coming out
the breather tube.

I don't have an answer, but failing everything else, a workaround
would be to purchase and install an air/oil separator. This would at
least confirm if the oil is coming out the breather tube or not.

http://www.m-20turbos.com/breather.htm

-Nathan