Old August 1st 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default IFR to Oshkosh without an IFR reservation

Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, "Steven P. McNicoll"
said:
I only ask because your interpretation doesn't make sense. If FAH
is in the RIPON sector then he woudln't be able to file to KSBM
either or require a reservation for the airport. And he doesn't
per the NOTAM.

Trust me, this is the 25th EAA convention I've worked as a
controller. Nine at Chicago ARTCC in the area that includes OSH and
sixteen at GRB TRACON. Oshkosh bound IFR aircraft without a
reservation don't get into that sector with a promise to cancel
short of OSH, they're issued a clearance limit outside of the sector.

Well, you're absolutely, 100% wrong. I filed to KSBM without a
reservation, was cleared to KSBM, and was feet dry over land when I
cancelled IFR and proceeded VFR to Oshkosh, just as I said I was
going to do and just as you said was impossible.

I know the words "Sorry, I was wrong" aren't in your vocabulary, so I
will now expect some bull**** excuse about how I'm wrong and what I
did and what the controllers did was impossible.

What was your clearance limit? Were you a Sheboygan bound IFR aircraft or
were you an Oshkosh bound IFR aircraft without a reservation?