Old August 8th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Help Sought on Cobra Trailer Lock

On Aug 8, 6:59 am, jcarlyle wrote:
5Z, that's very helpful - thanks! Just one more thing - do you
remember if the handle was removed simply by unscrewing the inside
nut, or whether rivets on the handle's outside silver mounting had to
be removed?

I think it was just a matter of removing the nut on the back. But it
was a long time ago. Until you mentioned the nut on the back, I
wasn't sure I could help, but that stimulated the recollection.

Now, about being locked in the trailer - why did you go in and have
someone close the top? Why didn't you get out through the forward
hatch? Please do tell the story...

Actually, I went IN through the front hatch. The pilot I was crewing
for discovered that he couldn't open the trailer. So I ended up
fixing the latch while he was out on course that day.

-Tom