Old August 1st 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Default Medical durations for international flight

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:05:41 -0700, Sylvain wrote:

Anyway, you can fly in any ICAO country with your N-registered aircraft,
your FAA issued pilot certificate and your valid FAA issued medical
certificate, the locals cannot question your credentials, i.e., if it is
valid for the FAA, it is valid for them, end of story.

That is what I thought. Thanks for confirming it.

by the way, I was assuming that your FAA certificate is a private or higher
(I don't think it would work with a recreational or sport pilot
certificate, the same way that some other countries have their own local
licenses/ratings that are not recognized by ICAO; for instance like the
UK 'IMC rating' and some national licenses which are not valid outside of
the country; but then, in the case of the British things, it is spelled
out in the license itself)

--Sylvain