Old July 20th 12, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default "Glider Pilots Make Safe Landings..."

On Friday, July 20, 2012 3:32:09 PM UTC, Tony wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 10:10:12 AM UTC-5, Evan Ludeman wrote:
> This is so unusual it deserves mention. Newsies wrote up a couple of
> safe off field landings... and got it right!
>
> Funny picture too.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/cbhwvk6
>
> -Evan Ludeman / T8

A bit more detailed article, including step by step 1-26 de-rig photos...

http://www.italyneotribune.com/stori...ly-and-milford

Jacob did a nice job in 430, I nearly landed in the field east of Italy with 215(the other glider mentioned) although while I was climbing over him at .8 knots I didn't notice any police cars. There were 3 with Jacob when I went overhead.

Yeah, an' not only do they got more accurate an enterainin' reporters down there, but in that same 'lectronic paper, I done noticed you can get a whole house, with 3 bedrooms and new paint inside and out for only $65,000 down there. Also if'n you is gettin' close to cashin' in yer chips, you can get 2 cemetery plots for only $600 a piece. Not bad compared to Cali., it gots me thinkin'.

Signed,

The Gapa Geezer