Old January 25th 04, 05:30 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"John Mullen" wrote in message

You really should get one of the nurses in the rest home to show you how
to use Google some time, Steven.

I know that reading isn't a particular strength of yours, so just read
the first paragraph, will you?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bus...ipt/index.html

ABOARD THE USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CNN) -- The following is an unedited
transcript of President Bush's historic speech from the flight deck of
the USS Lincoln, during which he declared an end to major combat in Iraq:

Thank you. Thank you all very much.

Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham
Lincoln, my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have
ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have
prevailed.

Ah, I see. You believe "major combat operations in Iraq have ended" means
"the war is over." Obviously I'm not the one due for remedial reading
class.