Old July 26th 03, 08:47 PM
BCA03

"Handsome" wrote in message

"Dave Pearson" wrote in message
.. .

URL:http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/20...rrorism/index_
np.html
| And just in time for another new release of MSFS. Presumably this will

be
| regular feature from now on? sigh
|
| --
| Dave Pearson
| http://www.davep.org/

Here's something I found surprising from RC Simulations (Bristol) Terms

and
Conditions for booking their flight sim.

4) Following the events of September 11th and subsequent threat of

terrorist
attacks, any form of suspicious behaviour will be noted. Authorities will

be
informed and the session will be terminated immediately without refund at
our discretion. All users of our facilities must produce photographic
identification upon arrival to prove your indentity and address.

Hello Martin,

I laughed when I read that too, wondering if Bob was saying it to make out
his Simulator is close to a 'real' simulator. Then I wondered just how often
the average Joe got anywhere near a terrorist and hadn't realised it. For me
it is two or three times possibly, so maybe Bob has something, or maybe he
says it to *pacify* people like the author of the piece that started this
thread. And/or for all those people whose glass is always half empty and
never half full.

That RC Simulator doesn't look too bad actually.To whit, a few of us from
the VA have been thinking about spending a day there or so. Certainly the
rates seem reasonable, and if we do give it a whirl, I will file a debrief
to this very group.

Rgds,

Chris J