Old October 1st 04, 03:50 PM

Paul Sengupta wrote:
: I hear this, sometimes, as the main reason why you should put the ignition
: shift in the "L"eft position when handpropping the engine and, while doing
: so, preventing the right (early igniting) magneto to kick back the prop.

: Yes.

... and I believe it's on the order of 5 degrees ATDC. Hand-propping with one
mag set to fire 25 BTDC could ruin your day, although it's fairly unlikely to fire at
such a slow speed.

* Cory Papenfuss *