Old August 13th 03, 02:13 PM
Jay Honeck

The rest of the story turned out well, however. I'm standing at the fuel
payment booth waiting my turn, while some guy is giving them hell for

charging
too much, accused them of false advertising, etc., etc. generally making a
pain of himself, and they finally call the boss who caves in and gives him

the
1.99 price to make him happy. Well, I step up to the window and calmly ask
them if I have to pay more for being a nice guy, and she looks at me and

says,
"you know, you make a very good point", and calls her boss and gets the

1.99
price for me too. So, I'd say, yes, it was misrepresented at first, but
competition is a good thing, and Orion is trying to make a go of it, so

power
to 'em.

Good job, Mike. Now I wish I had been more of a pain!

Oh well -- if they use that extra $8.00 I paid to survive until next July,
it'll be worth it...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA