Old December 9th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
wavy

Default Looking for information regarding baloon/helicopter experiment

Tom Frey wrote:
"Shiver" wrote in message
wavy wrote:

I know the video was not fake

WOW.... Your making me dust off some of the cob webs in my brain for
that one.

I've seen the video and if my feeble memory is correct it was on a
TV program some years ago.

It was on either Discovery Wings or the History Channel about a year ago. I
don't know much more than that, but I think your recollection was pretty
clear. You might try one of their webs sites. I'm thinking I saw it on
Wings, shorty before they switched to the Military Channel.

Tom

I have, however found some pretty wild video out there. Has anyone
else seen the novice helicopter owner go for a little spin in his
Hughes 296A?
I tried in vain to find any NTSB information on it and I think it was
not reported.
Had it been I think the guy would have faced some serious fines.
As if turning your Helicopter into a ball of wrecked machinery wouldnt
be bad enough...
Guy was lucky to have walked away!
I've also tried to determine the exact N number from the video but
couldnt be sure.
I wanted to cross reference it with the FAAs registration database
available online.
=WaVy