Old November 21st 20, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynewstandard Features!

On 11/20/20 3:39 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
George Haeh wrote on 11/20/2020 1:42 PM:
"I think my experience would apply to almost any Schleicher glider -
they all use essentially
the same fuselage, starting with the ASW24, which do not have carbon
in the nose."

The fuselage mold may be the same, but the layup in newer gliders is
carbon fiber.

I found a major improvement in range when I moved from a single
antenna over the glareshield to dual antennas on the canopy sides of
my ASW-27.

I did Range Analysis on six installations and documented the results
in the 2019 Free Flight. Look for Antenna Placement:

http://sac.ca/index.php/en/free-flig...ight-vol-libre

Are you certain the ASW27 has carbon fiber in the nose (the area besides
the pilot's feet)? It was designed at the same time as the ASH26E, which
doesn't have any carbon in that area. Same question for the ASW28,
ASG29, etc - I'm wondering when/if the addition of carbon in the nose
began.

The '31Mi is all carbon up in the nose.