Old March 23rd 21, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

On Friday, 19 March 2021 at 03:04:04 UTC, wrote:
On 3/18/2021 7:07 PM, waremark wrote:
When flying the Arcus M with a copilot and no ballast my wing loading is 49 kg/m2 (10 lbs/ft2). In spite of being a 'newer flapped design', in very weak lift pure gliders without ballast simply climb away from me. You may rightly assume that is indicative of my piloting skills, or lack of them!

I wasn't going to say anything...

ArcusM isn't quite as good in weak lift, but anyway it's minimum loading
is MUCH higher than the Jeta; IIRC for me and usual passengers ArcusM
was around 9.5 also. Also Ian's comparing to a non-flapped glider...

It was a different glider in 2020 - when for Covid social distancing reasons I always flew it solo!