Old April 27th 21, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Saturday, 24 April 2021 at 03:43:27 UTC+1, Eric Greenwell wrote:

Amen! The fuselage of my ASH 26E weighs over 500 lbs! Getting that out
of a soft field will take more than my wife. She knows the absolute
minimum is two sturdy people to come with her if I ever need a field
retrieve.

The day the engine in my Arcus M didn't start, as mentioned earlier I landed safely in a good field, and called for 2 kind friends to come out with the trailer. The four of us couldn't lift the nose out of the soft ground enough to get it on the belly dolly. Fortunately, two strong young policeman arrived to check out the scene of the 'accident' and with their help it was sorted!